Change is inexorable. Our interventions as change agents are just but attempts to influence a world already in a flux. “Even when there appears to be no change, slow and subtle shifts are always taking place around us.” (Yontef G., 2005).
At BSEA, we believe interventions that we facilitate in organizational systems – be it in strategic planning, IT project or a merger – are all part of a much wider ongoing dance of continuous change where the change and individual “do not relate to two objects separately but to two different yet inseparable aspects of the same human beings” Norbert Elias. This understanding is especially crucial in this day and age of exponential growth in technology and accessibility to real-time ‘unsifted’ data and information that has turned most linear management models on their head. Our focus is in helping organizations to support people change as part and parcel of the change process rather than an addendum introduced as an intervention to minimize resistance. We support employees and teams to work with awareness to:
- Understand the environment they are in and how to create conditions that maximize learning and growth
- Bring out reasons for repetitive failure or areas of ‘stuckness’
- Have the courage ‘see’ how their way of being in the world inhibits their growth and affects others.
- Understand the different ways of viewing and managing resistance
- View outcomes as new data and the beginning of a new learning curve in the here and now;
- Question held beliefs, assumptions and theories that could interfere block rather than enable change
- Change the organizational narrative to include new insights and learnings:
- Use metaphors, stories and narratives to bring about change
Our expertise in strategy execution, performance measurement and change management enables us to embed change interventions in planned change i.e. strategic plans, balanced scorecards, IT projects, mergers and acquisition, etc.